Shropshire including Shrewsbury & Ironbridge
1st to 5th October 2017
This is a unique opportunity to join us on a short tour to explore the beautiful medieval county town of Shrewsbury and the surrounding countryside. Sleepy Shropshire has a wonderful mix of hills, castles and little villages nestling against the Welsh border.
The visits give an insight into aspects of agriculture and farm diversification in this very productive area, including a visit to a mixed farm that started a seed potato enterprise in 1964 and now supplies seed potatoes all over the country, along with a herd that is predominantly Saler cross cows. We also have the chance to visit a family run farm with two different enterprises working alongside each other.
- 4 Nights at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa
- Guided Tour of Shrewsbury
- Entrance to Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron
- Entrance to Museum of the Gorge
- Entrance to Ironbridge and Tollhouse
- 4 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 4 Evening Dinners
- Varied Agricultural Visits